Quote: Man (men?), thanks for joining in fixing shit! Btw, this is how I suggest to add discussion threads to the table, to distinguish them from quest threads.
Answer: No problem, man. And I'll change the discussion thread additions to how you propose it.
- Thanks! I just thought a simple line could be confused with other separating lines in some cases, like on the CSF page.
- Btw, why don't you create a Wiki account for yourself? It's easy, and would make coordinating edits etc. much easier --Zulfiqar 14:04, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- True, that's useful. Done. --Lev 14:14, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
Say, weren't you the one who made the templates? May I suggest creating some for Insomnia and How Do I shot Trip or, would you mind if I tried to? There seem to be several articles with stuff of theirs, I think it would be useful. --Lev 16:14, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Of course! I actually plan to eventually make templates for every quest author who made more than one quest. I just don't have the same inexhaustable wiki stamina you seem to possess, so I managed to make a pair for most prolific authors, then started going by the Quest Authors list alphabetically, and stopped, I think, somewhere on the letter "C". So yes, if you could lend a hand with it, I would be very grateful! Btw, if you make some new templates, could you please add them here? Or at least inform me about them, and I'll add them there myself. It's just a page that makes tracking templates more easy. Maybe I should move it to the main space, I dunno --Zulfiqar 16:34, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Ha, I have quite a lot of spare time this week. And yes, of course I'll inform you about new templates/add them there. --Lev 17:06, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
Chronological Quest List
Concerning this: A huge list of ALL quests? That's an effort, indeed.
It would be nice to hear what you think the list will offer to the reader in the end. I'm just asking, because I'm sceptical whether a chronological order is really optimal. I think, if one would look at the long, finished list, wouldn't it be a bit overwhelming/confusing? (Please note that I really don't want to sound discouraging, just stating some thoughts)
You know, you just gave me an idea: What if you incorporated your list into a web application? A user could sort the list by parameters: oldest, newest, name, author, setting etc. Kinda a databank of quests. --Lev
- What would it offer readers? Well, first of all, a handy suggestion in what order to read quests. It was very irritating, when I first stumbled onto the site and the wiki, to click on a quest that interested me, and to encounter cameos, parodies and references to some other quests, that I didn't even know which are they in the first place. Or some shocking reveal loses some of its effect when it's based on something that was going on in an earlier quest. Etc., etc. Using this list, a user can at least see which quests were active around the time, and find the source of the references. E.g., Mudy Quest 2 becomes much more understandable after reading Dive, and the part in Dive where Muschio meets a Nedynvor would be understood a bit better if read after Journey, etc.
- It would also help to keep track of all the quests – if it would be done chronologically, there's no way a quest thread can get "lost", like it's still sadly common on this wiki atm.
- As for confusing: that's why I tried to add all kinds of categories, and even small logos for quest series, so people could navigate the list easier. As for overwhelming, I suppose the list should probably be divided into several parts chronologically: e.g., 2008, 1st half of 2009, 2nd half of 2009, 1st half of 2010, etc.
- As for a web application... *sigh* It would probably be the best way to handle this task, but alas, I'm pretty much a newfag when it comes to programming :(. So well --Zulfiqar 18:40, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Now, that sounds quite interesting. I expecially like the part about no quests being left out. I mean, there like 2-3 new quests every second day. IT JUST NEVER ENDS. >.< Since I read MudyQuest2 immediatly after MudyQuest myself, I can absolutely understand the part about the references and similar things. As for the web application, I could throw something together based on your list, with your consent of course. --Lev 09:43, 5 February 2010 (UTC)